When we come to think of it, we’re really acting as if we want to leave our mark on this planet as much as possible. And yet, the reality is, this Earth is only temporary. Through time, we see Nature reclaiming and taking over the marks that we have left. Of a truth, there’s nothing much that we can do about it.
So, we have in here several photos that feature the wreckage of battles we’ve lost with Nature. We even have entire towns disappearing to give way to how Nature initially willed it. You, as an urban explorer, could only witness in silence.
“By the sweat of your brow, you will eat your food until you return to the ground since from it, you were taken; for dust, you are, and to dust, you will return.”
1. Abandoned Chateau In France Established Since The 13th Century
Back in 1932, a massive fire once broke out and caused devastating damage in this iconic building, including its contents. Since then, it has been left this way.
Would you like to explore more about these kinds of stuff? Then, you would find interest in watching “The Life After People.” It’s a show on History Channel, and it tackles specific timelines on what might happen if humans are wiped out of the Earth all too suddenly.
2. Googley Eyes In A Bridge That Consumes A Tree
The channel, BBC, have thought about the same idea. It also received appropriate advice from Dr. Philip Wheeler, OU about the matter. You could picture how, within just a few days, the electric grid just fails. The failsafe mechanisms, on the other hand, can no longer be overridden.
3. A Church In France That’s Left Abandoned
In just one week, you could see the subways under the waterflood. You know, they push 12.4 million gallons of water out of the London Underground every single day, and it inundates the tunnels. Putting proper air conditioning and heating aside, the mold would take over in many offices and homes. Even plants would now grow over the buildings. And, various species would eventually find themselves in competition for space.
4. Mangrove Forest Reclaims A Statue Of Buddha
As the events progress, what separates between a city and the countryside becomes blurry. Several windows would fall off from their old frames. Then, we see the wildlife of nature reclaiming and taking over the cities and towns around. Each farmland sees the shrubs and trees, approaching to cover it.
And yet, there will be those pieces that would face no degradation. They’re just scattered everywhere. Plastics break down, and they begin dispersing. Metals, on the other hand, would corrode. Meanwhile, those pans of stainless steel still sit there. Granite worktops find themselves stranded. Tons of car tires remain useless.
5. Norway-Style House That People Have Also Abandoned
Meanwhile, nuclear facilities are failing. Some of them would even explode. As a result, you could imagine seeing the burst of radiation sweeping into the surrounding environment. Within it is a whole ecosystem of animals that eventually die. Vast amounts of radiation cause mutation in the surviving animals. New lines of evolution appear. Now, isn’t it relieving to know how the universe may go on with life even without our presence?
6. A Tree Is Eating This Stop Sign
7. Trees Have Begun To Grow On These Chimney Tops
8. Nature Reclaiming And Taking Over Namibia’s Town Of Miners In The Form Of A Desert
9. Sea Claims Back An Old Apartment Building In Kirovsky, Russia
10. Plants Taking Over The Scola Tower In Liguria, Italy
11. Ivy Reclaims A Bike Someone Left
12. A Sunken Ship And Trees Growing Inside Its Hull
13. An Escalator That’s Now All-Green
14. Somewhere In China
15. A Tree Growing Over A Grave Stone
16. A Shrine In Japan
17. An Asylum In Italy That Bob Ross Once Touched
18. A Stone Cottage In Ireland, Now Left To Trees
19. Earth Reclaiming An Abandoned Boat In Australia
20. Kudzu Claims A Barn In Tennessee
21. Plants Overgrow A Roller Coaster
22. Ivy Completely Overgrows This Building
23. Railway Bridge Left To Nature’s Course In Czech Republic
24. A Tree Growing In An Old Silo
25. Moss Covering A Car
26. Mushrooms Growing Out Of The Floor
27. A Tree Grows Out Of A Speed Limit Sign
28. Once A Road In WA, Now Lost
29. A Tree Almost Completely Growing Over A Metal Sign
30. Nature Reclaiming And Taking Over The Puerto Rico Navy
31. A Tree That Seems To Be Eating The Fence
32. At The Excursion Zone Around The Chernobyl