Danger can come when we least expect it. It is therefore crucial to keep your guard up at all times to prevent getting yourself into life-threatening situations. Here are some essential safety tips that can help you stay away from danger.
Traveling By Plane, Train Or Ship
- Listen and follow every instruction given by the flight attendant, train attendant, and steward.
- Know the location of all emergency exits within the vehicle you’re in.
- Never drink alcohol.
- Do not leave your valuables and belongings elsewhere.
- Pay attention to your kids if you’re traveling with them.
- Keep calm during emergency situations. Follow the crew’s instructions.
- Always wear comfortable clothes and shoes.
- If you’re working at a construction site, always wear head protection gear.
- Learn where emergency exits are located.
- Follow safety regulations.
- Use equipment and materials properly.
- Do not use the elevator in case of a fire. Use the stairs instead.
- Have a definite route.
- Inform your family and friends about your trip.
- Make sure to save emergency phone numbers in your contact list.
- Avoid hitchhiking as much as possible. If there’s no other way but to hitchhike, do not disclose any personal information with strangers. Call your family or friends and tell them the plate number of the car you’re in.
- Always carry a pepper spray or any self-defense system just in case.
- Do not leave your belongings unattended.
Driving A Car
- If you intend to have a long distance drive, make sure that your gas tank is full.
- Avoid parking in dark and isolated areas.
- Keep the car keys with you all the time.
- Make sure to lock doors and roll up windows when leaving your car.
- If you suspect someone is trailing you, stop at the nearest gas station or shop.
- If traffic officers ask you to pull over, keep your hands up and talk to them politely.
- Do not drink alcohol.
- Wear your seat belt.
Late Night Parties
- Tell your parents where you’re going and be honest.
- Do not accept drink from a suspicious stranger.
- Do not leave your drink unattended.
- Moderate drinking and always keep a sane mind.
- Always carry a pepper spray or any self-defense system.
- Trust only secured websites with domain names starting with https://
- Always update your anti-virus software.
- Do not use public hotspots when doing shopping online.
- Use a credit card instead of a debit card.
- Create a strong security password. Make sure to use a good combination of letters, numbers, symbols, lower and upper cases.
- If you are uncertain on the legitimacy of an online shop, take time to read customer reviews and feedbacks.
- Check for a security padlock (SSL) on the website.
Protecting Your Smartphone
- Secure your phone with a strong password.
- Install anti-virus software in your phone and keep it updated.
- Do not use your phone on public hots pots.
- Install a tracking app that can track down the location of your phone in case it is stolen.
- Acquire more information about your date by doing some background searching.
- Tell your family or friends who you are meeting, where you are going.
- Pick a crowded place for your first date.
- Choose to meet during the day on your first date.
- Avoid disclosing personal details on your first date.
- Secure your account with strong password. Do not use the same password on each account.
- Do not pose explicit photos or videos. These can be stolen and used in malicious ways.
- Only add people you know and disregard those who you do not know.
- Maintain your own privacy by not revealing your too much information about yourself.